Both sides of the coin with James Freeman

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueRivered

How do you think the public (non-resident of the city & non- activist) would view the actions of each party of the video? James Freeman? Otto the Watchdog? Hawk Cove police? Responding officers from other agencies? The man defending Hawk Cove & attacking Freeman?

After answering your views for the different parties, please look at the comments from viewers of the various videos including on Face Book. Do your views mirror the majority of the comments or are they the minority?
The problem is that the general public doesn't know or care about the whole story. If they knew it, I think it's obviously which side they'd be on. I've been trying to find any video that shows James or Otto doing anything offensive but haven't discovered anything yet (not including the confrontation after the guy came up to them belligerently). I might change my mind if someone could show how they scared the women in the office.

RogueRivered

And another thing I've said over and over, I don't care what the public thinks of activism. It isn't a popularity contest.

observer

Staff member
Curator
And another thing I've said over and over, I don't care what the public thinks of activism. It isn't a popularity contest.
I understand that you may not care; however, you are foolish to think that negative public perception of activism or any other behavior will not result in changes in laws, ordinances, and policies.

I am totally supportive of the need for governmental accountability, but I feel that many are using their activism for personal gain and motives that will result in changes in laws, ordinances, and policies. We have previously discussed our differing views on the issue of motives and we left it at I agree that we disagree, which is what I will do now.

Last edited:

RogueRivered

I understand that you may not care; however, you are foolish to think that negative public perception of activism or any other behavior will not result in changes in laws, ordinances, and policies.

I am totally supportive of the need for governmental accountability, but I feel that many are using their activism for personal gain and motives that will result in changes in laws, ordinances, and policies. We have previously discussed our differing views on the issue of motives and we left it at I agree that we disagree, which is what I will do now.
So you don't know what James and/or Otto did to scare the ladies, either?

observer

Staff member
Curator
So you don't know what James and/or Otto did to scare the ladies, either?
Though I indicated in my last post that " I agree that we disagree, which is what I will do now." I will acknowledge that No I do not know if James and/or Otto did to scare the ladies, if they did anything at all. Nor do I know if there are ladies that exist and were scared, but for me that is not an issue.

My comments are driven by the idea that the public perception, real or not, must be a consideration. Failure to recognize that public perception drive public response, which will drive the public's demand for changes in laws, ordinances, and polices to address their concerns. Right, wrong, indifferent, it is reality.

RogueRivered

Though I indicated in my last post that " I agree that we disagree, which is what I will do now." I will acknowledge that No I do not know if James and/or Otto did to scare the ladies, if they did anything at all. Nor do I know if there are ladies that exist and were scared, but for me that is not an issue.

My comments are driven by the idea that the public perception, real or not, must be a consideration. Failure to recognize that public perception drive public response, which will drive the public's demand for changes in laws, ordinances, and polices to address their concerns. Right, wrong, indifferent, it is reality.
I hope the government overreacts and makes draconian laws. Only then will the public start to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donaldecodo