Big Leon Valley News

Texas Wolfman

Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.faanclub.com
We all remember the “Taze heard around the world” of Tuc. Police Suc, today the criminal charges were dismissed. Mark and his attorney have spent several months preparing to go into court and put Leon Valley police on the stand. While it is great the charges were dismissed, it saves the PD from locking into a story before the civil case kicks back up.
What are your thoughts?

Continue reading...

Last edited:

observer

Staff member
Curator
The dismissal of the charges can be viewed as a double-edged sword. On the one side, most saw the charges as contempt of cop and unwarranted so the dismissal somewhat confirms those views. On the other side of the blade, is if it had gone to trial and a jury and found him innocent, his claim could be strengthened in the civil suit.
What will really be telling is what happens with the remaining charges out of Leon Valley? Olmos Park? San Antonio? Is this the start of a trend or just an isolated anomaly?

observer

Staff member
Curator
As of 4/7/19, the Bexar County Court records does not reflect this change so I ask a simple but very important question. How and why are the charges dismissed? Are they with or without prejudice?

As has already happened in cases out of Leon Valley, charges have been dismissed only to be refilled at a later date. Without seeing the actual pleadings submitted to the court and the signature of the judge, I am now hesitant to read to much into this dismissal. My initial response was like most in being happy for Tuc Police Suck, but have shifted to a more reserved position of waiting to see more.

I hope that my lack of faith and trust in these proceedings is without cause and that this truly is the end of the charges for Tuc.

Liz

Staff member
Liaison
It sounds great but I'm with silent.observer. I would like to hear more such as the reason for dismissal and if it was with or without prejudice.

observer

Staff member
Curator
Attached is the Motion to Dismiss date 04/09/19 at 12:19 pm. Reason for dismissal: Unable to prove BRD (beyond Reasonable Doubt).

Attachments

observer

Staff member
Curator
I would like to hear more such as the reason for dismissal and if it was with or without prejudice.
Liz,
The motion is posted above. It does not indicate if it is with or without prejudice, but there is nothing to be discovered as "New evidence" that is not currently available. Based on this lack of any new evidence being available I would say to the case is final and Tuc can move forward with his civil action. However, I am open to hearing from others that may have a different view point.

Reactions: Liz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donaldecodo