Is it me? Notes on YouTube reporting...

TheOneTrueRobb

I've been a real pain in the *advertiser censored* recently in YouTube comments, asking Frauditor commentators to include links to the videos they comment on. You know my spiel - the Commentator already has the URL, why not take 5 seconds and paste it into your description. It really helps, etc.....

Well, it DOES really help. And it takes, literally, 5 seconds to do it. If I want to report a video and I don't have the link, even if I know who the Frauditor is, the video is under a different name on their channel, with a different thumbnail. It's not impossible, but....

Why not make it easy?

Some commentators have come through on this. Frauditor News Network, for one, Josh and Nicole over at Frauditor Troll have been pretty good. One very popular commentator actually got this started, asked us to report Frauditor vids, actually made a vid himself on the YT Reporting procedure.

Curiously, he never posts the links.

Is it a huge deal? Probably not. But why not work together on this? What's the opposition?

Cynics will say that the popular commentators don't actually want to end Frauditing, they're making damn good money off of this. I don't believe that. I truly believe that the commentators hate Frauditing as much as mere scene-watchers like myself, or beleaguered cops, or the many many victims of this crime.

And that's why I truly hope that these commentators will prove those cynics wrong, and help out those of us who are reporting video after video, channel after channel, in hopes that we can get Frauditing shut down on YouTube this year.

The Frauditors can't work together. They're all suing each other, calling each other juvenile names, behaving like, well....Frauditors.

We're the adults. We can act like adults.

We can, right?

Am I off-base on this? Am I missing something? I welcome your comments. Be cruel if you feel the need.

Thanks....

La1 Familia

You are Spot on, & I must admit that im one of those dummies that are looking for people to get involved & report that A-hole that ive taken the time to re-make their video, I took it for granted that if im pointing out the BS that Frauditor is doing then that was that & job well done, But now reading how you put it, I feel like an idiot & was only getting half the job done, But Im going to correct that in my videos from now on, Thank you my friend for your input

TheOneTrueRobb

You are Spot on, & I must admit that im one of those dummies that are looking for people to get involved & report that A-hole that ive taken the time to re-make their video, I took it for granted that if im pointing out the BS that Frauditor is doing then that was that & job well done, But now reading how you put it, I feel like an idiot & was only getting half the job done, But Im going to correct that in my videos from now on, Thank you my friend for your input
Thanks! I'll look for that.

I don't want to come off like a nanny here. In the Grand Scheme of things, it's probably not a huge deal. And it's not like the commentators aren't doing their bit. They're the ones on the front lines. One of 'em got accosted at his own house by two of these thugs. In no way do I want to downplay that.

Still, it can be frustrating. I started doing this specifically because one popular commentator asked us to. That's fine, but then his attention got drawn elsewhere, or something, and he won't post his original links. 'tis a puzzlement...

Anyway, I'm not stopping. I will continue to report as many Frauditor vids as I can (5-6 per day, these days), and I'll continue to badger commentators to include those links. Apologies to anyone who's bugged by that. You know who's more bugged? Frauditor victims. Average workers at Post Offices, Town Halls, Govt. offices, even Private Businesses lately. Your Mom. Your Uncle. That friendly clerk at the PO.

That can not stand. So pardon me if I'm a bit strident. I want these criminals shut down, by any means necessary. If that means my little message, "Link to original?" in your comments is annoying you, well, sorry. If any commentator wants me to stop, I'll stop. Again, it's their channel, they make the rules. Until then, or until I see a reasonable argument against it, expect my annoying little message.

Or...help us out. You already have the URL. Please take the 5 seconds and include it in your description. It really helps.

And I ask again: Why wouldn't you do that?

Reactions: Hez

John

If you email do not forget to cc the local Police they are very pleased to hear from us as most of them have no Idea where the videos go.
I also include a mugshot and the name(If I have it) of the frauditer when I send the email.
If I am not able to get a Police email I email the local Library to forward it on my behalf.
This gives the Police a chance to prepare for their dealings with frauditers.
They will have been to their websites and know everything about them.
The frauditers boast on their community page so I always include the link.
I explain how to use the transcript so they can go through a video in minutes.

TheOneTrueRobb

Excellent stuff, John, thanks!

Your explanation of transcript use: Could you post that here? That's an approach I was unaware of, would like to look into that.

Again, many thanks....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donaldecodo